Introduction of the Board of Directors
- Chairman of the Board since 2019
- b. 1963
Working history: Jarmo Salmi has been a member of OmaSp’s Board of Directors since 2014. Mr Salmi has been the managing partner of Asianajotoimisto Jarmo Salmi Oy since 2014 and an attorney-at-law and a general partner of Asianajotoimisto Lasse Salmi Ky between 1991 and 2014. In addition, Mr Salmi has been the Vice Chairman of the Board of Directors of Kiinteistö Oy Kosken-Keskus since 2014 and a member of the Board of the Finnish Bar Association between 2012 and 2015. Mr Salmi holds a Master of Laws.
- Debuty Chairman of the Board since 2014
- b. 1964
- Working history: Jyrki Mäkynen has been Vice Chairman of OmaSp's Board of Directors since 2014 and served as Chairman of the Board in 2009–2014. Mäkynen has been an entrepreneur at Oy HM Profiil Ab since 1992 and as Sales Director of Oy HM Profiili Ab in 1992–2002 and as CEO since 2003. In addition, Mäkynen has served as Chairman of the Board of Suomen Yrittäjät ry since 2020, and as Chairman of the Board of Suomen Yrittäjät ry in 2014-2020, Southern Ostrobotnia University Foundation since 2010, as well as a member of the Board of Fennia Insurance since 2017, Seinäjoki Joint Municipal Authority for Education Sedu since 2017, Entrepreneur Day Foundation since 2014, SMEunited since 2014, Seinäjoki University of Applied Sciences since 2013, and a member of the Seinäjoki City Council since 2004. Mäkynen holds a Master of Science in Economics.
- Member of the Board since 2017
- b. 1966
- Working history: Aila Hemminki has worked as a change of ownership expert for Southern Ostrobothnia Entrepreneurs since 2018. Hemminki established the Vauvatarvike Huvikumpu Ky (today Hevihill ky) in 1990 and worked as a shop trader until 2008. Since then, entrepreneurship has included management of rental properties. Aila Hemminki has held various positions at the Savings Bank Foundation of Kuortane during 2009-2017. He has been a deputy member of the Board of Hemimotors Oy since 1999 and a member of the Board of Directors of Into Seinäjoki since 2017. Jaskari holds a Master of Economic Sciences.
- Member of the Board since 2014
- b. 1961
- Working history: Aki Jaskari has been the CEO of Nerkoon Höyläämö Oy since 1995. In addition, Mr Jaskari has been a member of the Advisory Board of Leppäkosken Sähkö Oy since 2001 and a member of the Regional Advisory Board of Pohjola Insurance between 2001 and 2015. Mr Jaskari holds a Master of Economic Sciences.
- Member of the Board since 2014
- b. 1960
- Working history: Timo Kokkala has been a farm operator since 1989. In addition, Kokkala has served as Chairman of the Board of Hauhon Säästöpankki in 1998-2008 and of Kantasäästöpankki Oy in 2009-2014, as a member of the Supervisory Board of the Savings Bank Association in 2012-2014. Mr Kokkala holds a Master of Science in Agriculture and Forestry.
- Member of the board since 2021
- b. 1956
- Working history: Jarmo Partanen has previously been the Chairman of OmaSp's Board of Directors in 2014-2019. Partanen was the CEO and the Chairman of the Board of Directors of Etelä-Karjalan Säästöpankki in 2004-2014, the CEO of Someron Säästöpankki in 2003-2004, the chief operating officer of Dynexco Oy in 2001-2003, the CEO of Energiameklarit Oy in 1998-2001, the CEO of Mäntsälän Osuuspankki in 1986-1998, the regional marketing manager at Osuuspankkien Keskusliitto in 1985-1986, and a doctoral candidate/economist at Osuuspankkien Keskuspankki in 1984-1985. In addition, Partanen has been a member of the Board of Etelä-Karjalan Säästöpankkisäätiö since 2015. Partanen has been the Chairman of the Board of South Karelian Chamber of Commerce in 2015-2017, the Chairman of the Board of Sp-Koti Oy in 2011-2014, member of the Banking Executive Committee of Finance Finland in 2015-2017, member of the Delegation of the Finland Chamber of Commerce in 2007-2017, as well as member of the Board of Oy Samlink Ab in 2008-2014 and a deputy Board member of Savings Banks’ Union Coop in 2005-2014. Partanen holds a Master of Arts and an eMBA.
- Member of the Board since 2019
- b. 1963
- Working history: Jaana Sandström is Professor of Strategic Management Accounting at LUT University and Vice Rector for Education. Prior to her period as Deputy Rector, she served as Dean of the LUT University School of Economics in 2009-2014. Prior to her academic career, Sandström worked in the forest industry in 1987-1991. The most important of the current positions of trust are the second Vice Chairman of the Board of Foundation for Economic Education and the Chairman of the Steering Group on the selection of diploma engineers and architects. Sandström has served as a member of the Board of the South Karelian Cooperative in 2013-2019 and as a member of EPAS Accreditation Board of the European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD). In academic positions of trust, Sandström has worked as an opponent, evaluator of scientific articles and conferences and as an expert in the field of professorships since 2000. Sandström holds a Doctor of Science (Technology).
OmaSp's Board of Directors are independent from the bank, and all members of the Board of Directors are independent from the company’s major shareholders.
The members of the OmaSp's Board of Directors or Management Team or the CEO do not have, in addition to the above, any conflicts of interest between their duties in the Company and their private interests or other duties. There are no family relations between the members of the Board of Directors and the Management team.