Full service offering for private and business customers
Excellent customer experience, customers and their advantage are in the core of our strategy and business. Private customers account for c. 80% of all customers, rest are mainly SME business customers. OmaSp focuses on full service private customers who appreciate good customer service and accessibility. 35.4 % of our private customers use at least three or four and 29.4 % more than five services. Customers with multiple services tend to be more loyal and profitable customers.
Our business customers are carefully selected SME companies that need high service accessibility, have steady businesses and are companies that the bank knows well. There are higher number of healthy companies available that are not favoured by larger banks lacking local knowledge
OmaSp offers full service retail banking to private customers
- Daily banking: payment services always within customer’s reach
- Financing: wide range of financing products from mortgage loans to consumer loans and credit cards
- Savings: range of savings services from savings accounts to ASP and personal insurance covers
- Wealth management: private banking and investment products through SP-Rahastoyhtiö and SP-Life insurance
- Credit insurance to provide safety in case of unexpected life situations (provided by partners AXA and SP-Life Insurance)
- Inheritance and family related legal matters: legal services related to e.g. testaments and prenuptial agreements
Comprehensive service offering to business customers
- Daily banking: account, payment and card services as well as other daily banking services
- Financing: variety of corporate financing solutions such as loans, trade finance and bank guarantees
- Savings: corporate pension insurances (provided by partner Sp-Life Insurance)
- Wealth management: investment services for businesses and entrepreneurs (provided by partner Sp-Life Insurance)
- Advisory services: legal and other advisory services in founding a company and other corporate actions
The bank’s focus is on profitable and low risk customer relationships. OmaSp does not engage in price competition and customers’ loan margin shopping, the bank rather competes with service quality. Our customers pay based on the services used and the guiding principle is “No free services”. All loan customers need to meet tight credit criteria and poor credit ratings are not compensated with higher pricing.
High service accessibility – local and close
- OmaSp has efficient sales and service distribution through digital channels and wide branch network and the bank is clearly above industry standards in customer accessibility. High service accessibility ensures customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- All customers have personal contact persons who can be accessed through all service channels. All advisors have pictured contact information and direct meeting booking is also possible through web site.
- The bank has extensive digital service channels to improve customer experience.
- Personal service is also available through digital service channels e.g. OmaKonttori and OmaMobiili applications enable chat and video contact to service advisors.
- Branches have extensive opening hours and almost all city branches are open on weekday evenings for higher customer accessibility.
- Service advisers increasingly visit customers at their preferred locations and times.
- Customer service via call center from Monday till Saturday
Extensive digital channels
OmaSp continuously develops its digital service channels to offer better personal service and automatise service provision. OmaSp can provide everything from first contact to customer service and contract signing through digital channels.
- In 2018 OmaSp launched OmaKonttori App in order to bring service advisor and branch visits to customers’ mobile phones. App can be used for negotiations with potential new and existing customers. In OmaKonttori App customers can also choose the service advisor and communicate through chat or video.
- Our mobile bank OmaMobiili is for bank’s existing customers to handle all their daily banking needs regardless of their location or time. Combined with OmaVahvistus, the mobile code app, customers can sign in without code lists.
- By using OmaAllekirjoitus customers can digitally agree contracts, e.g. loan applications. No need for customers to visit physical branches.
Efficient branch network
The bank also actively monitors and optimises its branch network for high service level and operational efficiency. In 2017, we have opened new offices in Jyväskylä and Lahti, and in 2018 we strengthened our operations in Finland's most important growth centers in the Greater Helsinki area, Oulu and Turku. Key criteria for branch locations are customer demand, regional economy, accessibility and profitability.
Our 32 branches
- are located in areas with sufficient demand for good customer service.
- are located in national or local growth center with an attractive local demographic and economic situation.
- have central locations with easy access for customers and good brand visibility. Small branches in smaller cities act mainly as bases for the sales persons.
- have their own income statement, which is monitored continuously. Branch managers are accountable for their own branch’s profitability. OmaSp has currently no loss-making branches.